Things to consider when deciding on a wedding photographer for your wedding. You will have one chance to capture your well-planned wedding day. If you are not happy with the photos it is not that easy to re-do them, even some brides to try to recreate some of the day. Choosing the right photographer to capture those moments is an important decision and it’s crucial to find a pro who understands your vision for your wedding day and can document it with style. But you’ll also want someone you trust and feel comfortable with since he or she will be by your side the entire wedding day.
Wedding Photography Considerations
- Is my wedding date available? If yes, how long in advance do I need to book you?
- Know your style. What is it about a photo that you like or dislike and choose photographer that would match what you like.
- Consider the lighting at your venue. If it is too dark some photographers would rather use flash and which will change the mood of the photo or they would take you outside. Will you be ok with either?
- How many weddings do you photograph together? Do you have any other wedding bookings (or planning to take any) on that particular date?
- How creative are they? Do they capture the same type of images all the time or can they play around and create new images even if they are using the same location?
- Should the event last longer than expected? Will you stay?
- Ask the overlooked questions. What do you do when it rain? If you are sick will you have a backup with the same skill level?
- Do we need to provide you with food?
- What do you want to do with the images after the wedding? Would you like canvas prints or an album and will the photographer be able to assist with it?
- Get the details for editing and deliverables. It is not fun waiting for photos for months after your wedding.
- Ask how payment works.
- Is it okay if other people take photos while you’re taking photos?
- Make sure you and the photographer get on well. You will be spending a lot of time together on your wedding day.
- Trust your gut in the end when you choose your wedding photographer.
Looking for a wedding photographer in Pretoria East or the surrounding areas
of Gauteng like Midrand or Bryanston?
Every Story Is Beautiful – Every Moment Is Precious And I Would Love To Be Able To Tell Your Picture Story through photography. The emphasis is on documenting special moments, capturing spontaneous displays of emotion, telling your real love story, as well as creating artistic portraits and details.