Tips for taking pictures of your children
Any one that has children and animals in the same photo would know that it’s not an easy task to get them all to look at you, smile and look natural, while mom is pulling the dog off dad’s shirt and dad is clamping the boys between his legs, in an attempt to keep them still for the picture.
So my solution to this is – let them be. Let them be who they are. There aren’t many children I’ve met before that are great with sitting dead still for long periods of time. So I let them run around, play with their toys and even get dirty. I like to get the natural shots when they are tackling each other and dad is just shaking his head. Or that shot when you are not realising I am taking a photo. Those are the great shots.
Tips to take natural photos of your children:
- Get down on their level
- Use an environment that is child-friendly
- Use a fast shutter speed for the active children
- Take photos when they are rested and not hungry
- Incorporate their toys that will keep them occupied and happy
- Relax and have fun while taking photos
Enjoy the time spent with your children – Every moment is a memory!